I have worked within several NHS trusts providing psychological therapy for adults experiencing a wide variety of psychological problems.
I have a specific interest in working with the psychological impact of trauma; this could be a ‘one off’ overwhelming event or a series of events stretching back to early childhood which can continue to cause difficulties in the present and often manifest in depression, anxiety or panic.
- Higher Education Diploma in Relational Therapeutic Counselling and Psychotherapy, Leeds Beckett University (BACP Accredited).
- Certificate in Counselling Studies; Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills; Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body.
- Drug issues for public health practitioners
Certificates and Further Training
- Attachment Focused EMDR, (EMDR Focus, CCPE London).
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), (EMDR Academy).
- Sand tray therapy
- Trauma and the body
- Therapeutic crisis intervention
- Solution-focused therapy
- Working with the aftermath of sexual abuse