I have worked within several NHS trusts providing psychological therapy for adults experiencing a wide variety of psychological problems within primary care settings, along with several counselling services within the voluntary sector.
I have a specific interest in working with the psychological impact of trauma; this could be a ‘one off’ overwhelming event, such as car accident, or a series of events or experiences stretching back to childhood, such as abuse or poor relationships with early attachment figures. Such experiences can continue to cause difficulties in the present and often manifest in depression, anxiety or panic.
- Higher Education Diploma in Relational Therapeutic Counselling and Psychotherapy, Leeds Beckett University (BACP Accredited).
- Certificate in Counselling Studies; Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills; Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body.
- Drug issues for public health practitioners
Certificates and Further Training
- Attachment Focussed EMDR, Dr Laurel Parnell – Advanced Clinical Workshop.
- Attachment Focussed EMDR, EMDR Focus, CCPE London.
- EMDR Flash Technique, (Dr. Philip Manfield)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing, EMDR Europe Accredited Training.
- Sand tray therapy
- Trauma and the body
- Therapeutic crisis intervention
- Solution-focused therapy
- Working with the aftermath of sexual abuse